Nonlinear Time Series Analysis Group (NTSA)
The Research Group on Nonlinear Time Series Analysis is led by Prof. Ralph Andrzejak. The group focuses on physics, neuroscience, and engineering. One of the main targets is the development of innovative nonlinear time series analysis techniques. These techniques aim to characterize dynamical systems for which nonlinearities cause a complicated temporal evolution. A further main target of the work is the application of nonlinear time series techniques to electrophysiological recordings from the brain as well as to further types of experimental signals.
The main research lines are:
- Development of innovative nonlinear time series analysis techniques
- Analysis of electrophysiological recordings from the brain
- Creation of open-access databases of electrophysiological recordings
- Analysis of information retrieval signals
- Development and evaluation of spike train distances