Neurobiology of Behaviour
The Research Group on Neurobiology of behaviour is led by Dra. Olga Valverde. The group focuses on the study of the neurobiological substrate of psychiatric disorders and neurotoxicity, including drug addiction, affective disorders, psychiatric co-morbidity and schizophrenia.
The main research lines are:
- Neurobiology of addictive behaviour (psychostimulants, alcohol and cannabinoids).
- Neurotoxicity mechanisms.
- Neurobiology of psychiatric disorders (affective disorders & schizophrenia).
- Psychiatric co-morbidity.
- Acute, chronic and neuropathic pain.
- Spontaneous behaviour and phenotype of murine models.
- Physiopathology of neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders.
The group is member of the Addictive Disorders Network (Red de Trastornos Adictivos RTA-ISCIII) (http://redrta.es/index.php).