Veterinary Vaccine for Food and Mouth Disease (Ref.TEC0060)
A vaccine consisting in a dendrimeric peptide for the prevention of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) in animals. The new design is a branched construction on which both B (bivalent) and T peptide epitopes of FMDV are displayed. Seeking to out-license the technology to a strategic partner with the capabilities to complete animal trials and proceed to register the vaccine as a result of a licensing agreement. Key aspects of the technology:
- Ready access by efficient peptide synthesis methods
- Easily adaptable to display epitopes from other serotypes/isolates
- Simple handling and storage, no need for cold chain preservation.
- Full DIVA compliance: infected/vaccinated animals easily differentiated
- Immune response (seroconversion, antibody titers, T-cell stimulation) superior to previous tetrameric version.