The Law Department at UPF develops top quality research in all fields of law and it is committed to excellence and internationalization of its scientific production. The Department stands out for its capacity to obtain and participate in national and European funded competitive projects, the quality and international profile of its graduate programs, the mobility of professors and students, and the dynamism in the organization of seminars and workshops to promote exchange and debate.
In order to enhance the visibility and impact of the research developed at the Law Department, the Department encourages and co-funds the organization of international conferences and workshops at UPF; the participation in international conferences abroad; research stays in prestigious universities and centers for excellence; and publication in international journals.
The main research groups in the Law Department focus on the following fields: Commercial Law in the 21st Century; Constitutional, European and Supranational Integration Law; Economic and Business Crime; European Penology and its Influence on the Spanish Penology System; History of Catalan Law Josep M. Font Rius; International Law and International Relations; Labor and Social Security Law; Observatory of the Evolution of Institutions; Patrimonial Law, Philosophy of Law; Procedural Law; and Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Law & Philosophy Research Group
- Grup de Recerca en Dret del Treball i de la Seguretat Social (greDTiSS)
- Observatori de l'Evolució de les Institucions
- Grup de Recerca en Criminologia i Sistema Penal
- INDRET, centre d'anàlisi de Polítiques Legals de Dret Privat
- IUSLabor - Revista electrònica de Dret del Treball i de la Seguretat Social
- Seminari Permanent d'Història del Dret Català "Josep Maria Font i Rius"